Monday, June 25, 2007

Here's a crazy story...

I haven't shared with you guys. I just found this pic I took a while ago and I totally forgot it.
I know it looks freaky but keep in mind those little sugar skulls are about 5 years old...



So, it goes like this: After I lost my first baby girl, Milagros, I was totally obsessed with getting pregnant again as soon as humanly possible. I had already been trying for months with no luck, and I was starting to loose hope again (which apparently is what you have to do to get pregnant, go figure).

Anyway, Juan and I had just found out we were leaving for the U.S. and we had a big party at my grandma's to celebrate and say goodbye to our friends and family. This all happened by the end of October, beginning of November, which is when we celebrate the Day Of The Dead in Mexico.
A tradition of this day, is to buy these cute, colorful sugar or chocolate skulls with your name on them, and I decided to decorate the tables with a little sugar one on each place setting.



My sister Giliane went to the market to buy them for me and amongst the whole bunch of them, the only two names that matched anyone at the party were those of Paulina (my niece) and the other one said Natalia (I always knew that would be my baby's name whenever she decided to show up).

I took it as sign from Heaven, and lo and behold, a few days later I found out I was pregnant with Natalia!!!!

Isn't it freaky and cool?!?!?!



Here's my latest LO. I used Making Memories' Funky Vintage line which I LOVE! Hope you like it. It's a pic of my dad and his precious granddaughters.



Speaking of my dad, he's getting here tomorrow, so I have lots of cleaning to do... It's never ending :)

Have a groovy Wednesday!!

14 comments:

Colleen said...

oh what a great story!!

Bonita Rose said...

such a neat story... and I love ur layout... have fun with ur family! hugs

Nathalie Kalbach said...

awesome story! LOve your beautiful layout!!!

עידן said...

great story.
love those little skulls.. and your layout :)

Balou said...

That is a great story! God works in mysterious ways, doesn't he?

Anonymous said...

That's a great story! Beautiful layout.

Bethany E. said...

Wow...that is a sign from Heaven! Such an sweet story! Love that page, BTW!

Greta Adams said...

that is an awesome story....do i see that on a layout? let me answer that for you!!! yes i do?

april said...

what a wonderful story! I had told you I loved natalia's name before, and now I love it even more

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

this story is wonderful... I know exactly how you felt... I got pregnant when I lost my hope

xoxo
Emine

Lynn said...

This is such a wonderful story. It is amazing how things happen. I just love your layout. That paper is awesome. Have fun with your dad. I know when mine is in town it is a true experience.

Nicole said...

fate is funny, isn't it?!

love those papers...just got mine yesterday and CANNOT wait to play!!

enjoy your Dad's visit =)

Unknown said...

That's so awesome how things wrok out! My mother had 2 miscarriages, but had 6 children! Oh, and the LO is cute, love the colors!

Tonya said...

Great story. Love the LO too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...