Monday, May 14, 2007

Lots going on...



This is just a taste of what I saw this weekend at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Coral Gables, FL.
We took my cousin there to see the Chihuly exhibit. I was completely blown away by this man's work. The Garden is by itself a paradise, now picture it with these incredibly beautiful blown glass sculptures all over the place. In the water, in the middle of the plants, everywhere!!! It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
I had been dying to go to the exhibit forever and we just never got around to it, until this weekend.
If you live nearby, you HAVE to see it before it leaves, on May 31st. I'm planing another visit for Chihuly Nights. Can you imagine it all lit up?!?!? I can't wait.
I took the best pictures I've ever taken at the Garden. I am so proud of them. I will post them tomorrow to share them with you.

My cousins and my nice arrived on Thursday and we had such a great time together. Laughing and talking and catching up on the last three years since we last saw each other. I got to meet their adorable baby girl, Ana Fernanda, and Nati had a blast with her. They were here for such a short time, I hope they come back soon.

I had a nice Mother's day. Juan fired up the grill and we had a nice relaxing time at home. He gave me a gorgeous deep purple orchid that I loved and Nati said "happy mother's day" to me a lot. What more could I ask for?? I am a lucky girl.

Today I had lunch with Barb. A great time as always. We enjoy each other's company so much... I wish we could get together more often.
She recently got me back to one of my beloved hobbies: hand made jewelry. I loved it even before I got into scrap booking. Her daughter Amanda saw one of my necklaces and asked me to do one for her. I had lots of fun. I love it as much as scrap booking.
Here's some of my work... (sorry, the pics are not great...)






I will organize and album of all the pieces I've done so you guys can see them, and put a link on here. I have orders for 2 necklaces so I'm excited to get back to it.



After lunch, I went to Curves to sign up and I start tomorrow. I am tired of being fat. I am done!!! So excited to start this thing and get back to my normal self. I miss my cute size 8 clothes too much, so I will post updates of my progress here. I'm gonna need lots of support from you, my peeps :) Go me!!!

Other than that I had some great mail today. Purple Onion stamps (see link to the right), Paper Source stamps and some gorgeous MME Tres Jolie papers along with my Jenni Bowlin and Scrapologie kits. It really sucks that my scrapbooking mojo has taken a vacation. I am in a real funk lately and I miss my supplies...

Have a great week!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

girl, i'm missing my supplies too. blah!
however i've picked up another hobby too! lol. i've been making felt barrettes and ponytail holders. super fun.

good luck at curves!!
i know you can do it :)

Anonymous said...

Amiga, I had a wonderful time during lunch today. Amanda has asked me to thank you for the necklace and earrings. She absolutely loves them. Everyone at work also oooh and aaawed over them.

Don't worry about your creative mojo, I'm sure you'll get it back before the 26th!

I'm very proud of you for taking that step towards the new you! Before you'll know it you'll be pool side in a bikini sipping margaritas! :)

Barb

Nicole said...

ok.

LOVE (actually, lust) those earrings...do they come in silver?! you never cease to amaze me.

glad you had a great M-Day.

love you!!

עידן said...

hi!!!
chihuly is amazing!!! i'v been to his exhibiyion in jerusalem and it was beutiful.
your jewelries are beautiful!!

have a super great day and good luck at cures!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...