Monday, May 28, 2007

I've had a GREAT b-day weekend!!!

This is my 35 year old self...


I haven't had this much fun for my b-day in a long time.
On Sat, I went to a crop with Barb, Esther, Vanessa M and Ivette. I had a great time with the girls even though I could barely complete a LO that I didn't even like...
We dished and scrapped and suddenly they came out with a delish lemon cake with sparkling trick candles, gifts and singing!!!
I had tears in my eyes... Having these girls in my life has definitely changed it for the better and I thank God everyday for having met them.
THANK YOU ALL!!!
Here's a peek at the goodies they got me.



On Sun, we went to lunch to Catch Of The Day near Coral gables. Delicious sea food. Great time. We came home, after a little trip to Michael's and watched movies all evening.
Hubby got me a very generous 2 Peas gift certificate that I'm gonna try to save for CHA-Summer. Good luck with that :)
My Mom, sis and niece sent me a gift certificate for Nordstrom's that I have put to good use. My Daddy sent me good old cash.. WOOHOOO!!!!

Today, we lit up the grill, of course, and had burgers and hot dogs. We're having a gorgeous day here in Miami so far, so it was all good. After lunch I blew more candles atop a delish fruit filled brown derby cake. Yummy!



As some of you know, my mojo has left the building. I haven't been able to scrap anything decent in ages and I'm starting to get really frustrated. Yesterday I made a nice mini about me, that I liked, and today I did two pages I kinda like, but I had a very hard time with them.
Has this happened to any of you? How did you get out of it??? I'm desperate...








Nik, these are on their way to Ohio. I couldn't find any more of the stones you liked, but I hope these will do :)



Before I leave, check him out. His name's Josh and his wife Amber Ulmer is one of my fave scrappers ever. She's also one of the luckiest women I know. Her hubby's a scrapper and a very good one!!!!
Can you imagine?!?!?!?!

6 comments:

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

Aw happy birthday girl...

It sounds like you had an AWESOME weekend...

Your mini-albums and pages are just beautiful...

Yeah, amber is a lucky girl with such an amazing husband... Wish mine was like that LOL

xoxo
Emine

Nicole said...

honestly, Anilu...your birthday weekend and you're making ME those awesome earrings??!!

you're too much.

and if those projects are what your stuff looks like when your mojo is gone, i can't wait to see more new stuff when it comes back!!

love you.

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

so glad you had a good time on sat. and that the rest of your weekend was great, too. sounds like you got lots of goodies! oh, and I love the mini book you made...I wish I had that talent in me! I'm dying to do a mini book :-) Don't worry about your mojo...your pages still ROCK and the inspiration will be back in the building soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend. Enjoy all those wonderful goodies! It seems to me that your mojo is finding its way back - that album looks fab.

Noelia said...

I missed your Birthday but it seems like you had a great one!
I've been reading your previous posts and you have a very cool blog. Glad I found it :)

Caroline said...

your album is beautiful. i love the colors and the knob on the front.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...