Monday, July 2, 2007

Such an amazing experience...

I had been dying to visit the Dale Chihuly exhibit at Fairchild Tropical Garden in Coral Gables, FL. Finally on mother's day Juan took me and I just could not believe my eyes.
The work this man does is amazing by itself, but set amidst the incredibly beautiful garden grounds, it takes on a totally different dimension.

I am very proud of the pictures I took that day, but really the pieces are so extraordinary, that they could not produce a bad pic!!

If you ever get the chance, don't even think about it and go see it, Really, GO.

Here's a little mosaic of some of them. Hope you like it!!




During the weekend we took Nati to Toys r' Us and I found the coolest deck of Bicycle cards ever, in hot pink!!! The scrapper in me just had to have them and, at $3.99 they were a bargain. You'll see them in my pages in the near future...



In case you're a fan too, they still have a few of those great Heidi Swapp block alpha stickers on Two Peas. I hear they have been discontinued so I stocked up!!




I got some happy mail on Friday!! My great RAK from Caroline at Maya Road, full of chipboard goodness, lots of delish ribbons and many cute embellies!

Thank you Caroline!! I loved it all :)






I spent a very nice weekend with my dad, and Nati is always so happy to see him. We ate great food and just hung out together, did some shopping, just good times :)

I missed blogging during the weekend but I really was too busy to update.

I leave you with a peek at my last page. I am not completely sure I like it, we'll see... I'll show you the whole thing tomorrow :)





Have a great week, my lovelies!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics and layout. I'm glad you had an awesome time with your Dad.

Micayla said...

Those pics are fabby!! I too am a HS fan, so I must grab me some!!

Natalie said...

Those pictures are amazing!
And thanks for the heads up on the HS letters...love those!!
Hope you had a good weekend.

Vee said...

wow, this post is amAZING!!
love your maya road goodies :)

Barbie said...

those pics are amazing! love the colors.... you can borrow my baby! maybe when i am trying to sleep or when he wont stop crying =)

Erin said...

fun stuff!
love the pics!

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to go to that exhibit, absoltely gorgeous!!! Also, I'm liking the page girl . . . but I know the feeling of not 100% proud of a page . . . but you should be, looks cute! Anyway have fun with your new goodies!!!

april said...

I think i'm gonna like that LO! love the art pics!

Lisa said...

Oh, my those pieces as wonderfully beautiful! And what a great RAK that you recived! I am looking forward to see what you will do with them.

Rachael said...

What an amazing exhibit!! The pictures are gorgeous!! Wow!!

Nicole said...

i think that exhibit is coming to Ohio...Columbus maybe.

might be worth a road trip.

glad to hear you had fun with your Dad...and that Nati enjoys time with him =)

Tonya said...

great photos. glad you had a nice time.

bruinbr said...

love that lo and all the pics you took - sooo amazing! gret find with those bicycle cards too!

Noelia said...

Hope your visit with your family was good. Can't wait to see the great pics you took :)
Those pics of the exhibit are wonderful. I wonder if it'll be here in Canada in the near future...
I love how your LO turned out, is that you and your hubby? I think it's adorable!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

you are getting so many goodies... wow! :-)

oh, and chihuly was fabulous. I just love fairchild. We got a membership last week so we can go back again and again... hugs!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...