Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Getting organized

I've been in a downsizing/purging/get organized mood lately.

I'm pretty sure the reason my mojo's been M.I.A for so long is that I get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have.

It's just too much.

So, in that spirit, here are some of the things I do to keep my things organized and at hand, so I actually see and use them...

This is an oldie but goodie. The Clip it Up. I'd get two more if I had the space for them. They are life savers.




This is another one of those brilliant buys that I truly love. Making Memories desktop carousel.



Lots of bins to keep my punches handy but contained. From Container Store ad Target.



I made an index of all my punches so I don't have to go look for them in my bins and drawers.
Size is written on top of each image.




My beautiful stamp index. A 3 ring binder where I have stamped the images of every single stamp I have. This way I just have to go through the index instead of through every huge stamp binder to know what I have.



I got this ink pad storage thingy from ebay. I. LOVE. IT. I am actually stamping more since they are right there and I can see the colors I have.
This is another one of those things I plan on getting multiples of when space permits.


Here I cut all the shapes of Nestabilities I have and attached them to a loose leaf ring. Another way to keep them at hand and quickly know what I have in order to use, use, use them!!!

The actual dies are stored in Quickutz's magnetic books.


That's it!

What do you do to keep your stash in order? Share.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Anilu! Your organization is amazing!

Dawn said...

You are WAAAAYYY more organized than me. I love this! :-)

Mye said...

Okay, I'm loving your organization, think I might use a couple of them. FYI...Hobby Lobby is selling the Spellbinders now, and there on sale this week.

liz mataraza said...

whoa! it looks like something out of a magazine!

the 3-ring stamp binder...where do the stamps go? are those transparencies that you've stamped on and you stick them right over the image?

Alexis said...

You are my organizing idol ;)

Greta said...

You make me sick! In a good way. You are so organized and it looks awesome! One day I need to do this...but I've been saying that for years and doing nothing about it.

Anonymous said...

wow girl you do have a lot of stuff, can i come over and play!!!! great way to organize though, I may have to borrow a few of those ideas!

Anonymous said...

Yo no estoy organizada de ningĂșn modo, y me encanta como lo hiciste tu! Si no te molesta, voy a tomar algunas de tus ideas, que son muy buenas!
Saludos!

mom2ee said...

love the ideas...when my stuff gets too disorganized, i purge and buy more...LOL, not really. i really need a plan, you are an inspiration (both organizationally and artistically)

Kerry said...

These photos have my OCD heart fluttering!! I love the binders!!

Denise said...

Please come and organize me. That would be awesome!

I am the same way. I get overwhelmed with stuff and lose my mojo. Organizing is on my list to do this week. :o)

michelle.g said...

Organizing makes me happy! I love love your stamp index!

Damaris said...

ooohhhhhh..Ani, I have been looking for an ind pad organizer. I LOVE YOURS!!!! Any idea where I can get one?
HUGS,
ME

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Love how organized everything is girl!! And that ink pad organizer is da bomb! :-) HUGS!

Sophia said...

Oh my, Anilu, where did you get those beautiful stamps?! I know the SC ones but what about the typewriter, sofa, fan, camera, etc??? I NEED to get my hands on them! Please share. :)

Breanne Crawford said...

holy cow you are organized! could you please come here and help me?!

april said...

wow, i love your organization!
Especially the stamp binder. I never thought to do that, but I really need to. i have so many stamps that I've forgotten about and it would be helpful to have.

Sharon said...

Hi!Love the organization!
I'd like to know where you got that ink pad storage system. I need one ASAP!
You can e-mail me at smscrapper@gmail.com
Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...