Friday, February 13, 2009

Get it right.

This is the correction Creating Keepsakes mag has published online about that infamous article about my dear friend Aleida:


CORRECTION
In "Scrapbookers Making a Difference" in the February 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine, we incorrectly stated that Aleida Franklin had been battling depression before her untimely death in an automobile accident. The implication was that the two items could have been connected.

The depression aspect came from online sources and should have been checked for accuracy before publication. In reality, Aleida did not suffer from depression—family and friends describe her as a vibrant, fun-loving person who lived life to its fullest even when times were hard.

Creating Keepsakes apologizes for the error. Our author's intent was to highlight a wonderful woman who touched those around her and will be missed greatly.



You can see it online here.

Too little, too late... At least now people know my sweet friend was a happy, upbeat incredible woman who died in a terribly tragic accident.

I really hope this puts an end to the gossip and drama, and to the use of Aleida's name by people who knew NOTHING about her.

Let it rest.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for getting the word. I miss Aleida everyday.Getting through this all has been tough on everyone. I agree that we need to let it go now.

Anonymous said...

Amen Anilu....

Denise said...

Beautiful. :o)

Barb said...

Aleida,

I'm sorry you lost such a dear friend, and I'm sorry that the loss has been made even more complicated than necessary.

Amy said...

amen.

Anonymous said...

well put anilu!

Damaris said...

I was sooooo surprised when I read that article and it totally threw me off.
So glad that it was cleared.
HUGS

bwgayoso said...

Glad to see that this has been cleared up.

aimee said...

well said!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...