Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Best weekend in a loooong time.

It was my mom's birthday this past weekend and my cousin invited us all to go to celebrate it in Puebla. A gorgeous state about 2 hours away from Mexico City.

And so we went and had the best time ever. Delicious, and I mean seriously delicious food, amazing boutique hotel, great family time, lots of fun for the kids. Just great.

Here are a few pics I took over the weekend.

I saw the most amazing churches from the 1600's. Here are just the façades cause photography was not allowed inside, but OMG, I had never seen anything like it before in my life and I don't think I ever will...



We had lunch at the nicest, most posh and delicious restaurant. It was located at the university's art center. A brand new complex with outdoor expos and the coolest atmosphere.


The birthday girls...

Crazy people acting crazy...



The whole bunch...



My Princess...


My cousin got us the most beautiful, elegant and perfect hotel in the heart of Cholula, Puebla. It's called La Quinta Luna and it's only 6 suites. It was wow. Just WOW.


Entrance to the dining room...


The center patio...


The bedroom part of our room...


About to have breakfast by the fountain...


More patio views...




We got to spend the afternoon at the plaza, drinking great coffee and watching the kids play with their kites. We even got some fireworks. Could not have been more perfect.








Needless to say it was hard to come back home...

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Anilu Thanks for sharing, this is a beautiful place and I was so happy to see your Mom, she is exactly the same not one day older. My love to all!

MarieChristine - PAPERFOLLIES.COM said...

Anilu, 'thanks for sharing these great pics. Such a wonderful place. Wish I could have come to enjoy with you guys. Big hugs to your mom. She looks fantastic. :-)
xoxo

Briana Johnson said...

beautiful! oh my, so many beautifully colored buildings! I can't believe how much Nati is growing - she looks so teenager! I'm so glad you had a great time - you really deserve it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...