Monday, June 2, 2008

Lots to share.

I had a great weekend!!! Lots to do and I got to do it with my fave people.

I got to take two classes with Tim Holtz!!! My BFFs Barb and Esther got them for me as a birthday present and I had so much fun!

He is a very cool teacher and I loved the projects we made. Very out of the box for me and I can't wait to practice what I learned.

I look awful in that pic. Bad light and about 100 extra pounds, do not help...




I got to learn how to bind a book using thread. I loved the whole process and the limitless uses of it.




We also made some very cool charms with domino pieces and I finally learned how to use those very mysterious alcohol inks. So much FUN!!



It was a great experience and now I know lots of techniques I didn't before.

How was yours?? Hope you had a great one too.

I'm off to take a nap. Barb gave me her huge cold and my throat is killin' me.

Later.

11 comments:

Denise said...

Look at you and Tim! Anilu, you are always gorgeous! I love the projects you did. I have been intrigued by those inks and woul dlove to learn to use them. You have such great friends to give you this as a gift. I am glad you have fun!

Davinie Fiero said...

Oooh. That looks like a fun technique class! I don't know how to use the alcohol inks either.
Feel better!

***Paola*** said...

Ohhhh! This is what I get for not logging in more often! I totally missed your big day amiga! Happy belated bday!!! Doesn't Tim Holtz rock?!

Anna M said...

Cute stuff!

I still have yet to put anything in my "Nostalgic Memoirs" album.

Aren't Tim and Mario the best?

I'm glad you had fun!

Noelia said...

You look GREAT in that pic with Tim! So glad you enjoyed the classes and learned new techniques.

Dawn said...

I LOVE tim!! I took that same class this past Summer: http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_viewer/,37357714,cid,,56,,63503

LOVE how your booke came out! Isn't Tim the best?!! Great pic of the 2 of you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the glass accents! Those are so beautiful! I have never seen Tim teach a bad class - ever!

Ady said...

It was great seeing you there and I loved the class as well. Aren't those photos of us too much... See you Wednesday for dinner.

Emily Pitts said...

how fun! very scary for me as well, but how fun! i get to take a class from him at cha, i'm excited. this made me even more excited.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

glad you had a great birthday! Those classes look amazing!

Greta Adams said...

i would LOVE to take one of his classes....you lucky duck!!

and those projects are GORGEOUS

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...