Monday, April 30, 2007

Back in touch with dear old friends!!!

Just the other day I was telling Juan that 2007 marks the 10 year anniversary of my university graduation. I can hardly believe it's been that long.

So, Friday night I'm watching season 4 of 24 and the phone rings. It was one of my university friends, who also lives here in Miami but whom I don't get to see that often cause he travels a lot. We had a nice chat and made plans to meet soon. I was so happy to hear from him.

Ten minutes later, he calls again and tells me he's with someone, and he's going to put that someone on the phone to see if I recognize him. I was sooooo happy to hear his voice!!! It was another one of my dear, dear friends from school whom I haven't seen in 9 years!!!!!! Now I was exhilarated. We got to talk on the phone for quite a while. Turns out he's here in Miami on vacation and I get to see him next Friday!!

But that's not all... We hang up and 15 minutes later, I get another phone call, this one from one of my best girlfriends!!!!!!!!!!!! Her, I have not seen for the whole 10 years. They called her in Mexico and we all got on a conference call. It felt as if we had never been apart. We laughed and joked and caught up with each other as much as we could. I was beyond happy. I just could not stop smiling :)

I am so incredibly happy to have finally gotten back in touch with these people with whom I shared some of the best years of my life. We fell out of touch as it often happens, and now I have this incredible chance to reconnect with them.

I am really thankful for so many things in my life. After a pretty rough period, I feel like the pieces of the puzzle are all falling in place for me and for my family. I haven't been this happy in a long time. I have it all. All that matters to me anyway, and I thank God everyday for it.

I am a lucky girl. No doubt about it!

I have a loving, healthy family, lots of friends, old and new that I LOVE with all my heart, I live in a place that makes me feel happy and safe. I just feel great.

Before I leave I want to thank Barb from the bottom of my heart for being such an incredible friend to me. Even more than a friend, she's my family here in Miami and she did something for me that had my Mom in tears when I told her about it.
THANK YOU!!!

I also want to thank Vane P. for the great time and the fabu lunch we had on Sunday. She is very near and dear to my heart and I just want her to know it.

I love you guys!

I have lots more to tell about the weekend but this post is already too loooooong.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Vane P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vane P. said...

You really just brought tears to my eyes! I'm happy to hear you had such a nice time... and as I told you before, not only did I have an amazing time hanging out, but it really was therapeutic for me.

Your friendship means the world to me... and its so funny how even though we dont see each other much and mostly communicate online, I consider you my dearest friend. In other words... you ROCK!

Love ya,

Vane.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...