Friday, July 29, 2011

Deep Breaths.

Yesterday was a day of very though decisions, of realizing I have to let go of certain dreams so I can start working on making new ones happen. A day of being reminded that my friends are true and steadfast, no matter how far away we may be from each other. That I have the best family a girl could ever ask for. It's humbling, reassuring and a balm for my soul.

It was day of rude awakenings, of periods of numbness, of trying to center myself, get my thoughts in order and take action. Once and for all.

It's terrifying, lemme tell ya. But life has already given me the hardest test of endurance of all: losing a child. I got through it, survived it and after it all, life rewarded me with the most perfect and loving little girl. I can do it and I will.

I have to believe I can. I am surrounded by people who love and support me in any way they can and I will draw strength from that.

I found these pics I took of my beautiful Miami skies, which I have to believe I will be under again, soon. Because I can. And I will.


I thought they illustrated the road ahead pretty accurately, and they are just pretty.

Have a wonderful weekend, lovelies.

6 comments:

Briana Johnson said...

What's up with you? I hope everything is okay, I know you said you will pull through, and I know you will - you are one strong lady Anilu! You've already been through so much - I hope your rainbows are just around the corner.

Denise said...

I was just thinking I needed to check in with your blog and I think it was perfect timing. Thinking about you. Please know that you are in my heart. ♥

Anonymous said...

i hope you're doing well, sweet anilu...

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Sending some hugs your way!

Barb said...

You're right. . . your rainbow will come.

Erin said...

Thank you for the kind words on my blog & I will be thinking about you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...