Monday, January 19, 2009

This one HAS to be better than the last...

I am really glad 2008 is over and done with.
Not the greatest year for my family.

We found out my precious baby girl has type 1 diabetes and I lost my Grandma...

Not great.

But, I have to also mention the good.

My sweet Nati is doing great and we are managing her condition pretty well.



My Grandma had a wonderful life that many would be jealous of. She left me filled with the most amazing memories and life lessons that I will carry with me always.



So, here's hoping we all have a great 2009!



In the spirit of renewal that comes with a new year, I have been trying to change our apartment around. I was getting fed up with the way it was so after a few trips to Ikea...

We have a new TV/family room. I axed the never used living room and finally caved in and put a TV in there.
I have to say I really like it. We tend to be together more with this new layout and that's always good.


Before...




After...

We finally have bookcases for the hundreds of books in the house that were homeless. We still have to get more books that are still in storage.


I moved the china cabinet to the nook in the dining room...


We got a cool console for the HUGE TV I got for Christmas (!!!!). The wall is still bare cause I am planing a cool picture display for that space.


I hate that sofa, so we're looking for a replacement. I have been searching high and low for a comfy, big, and most of all gorgeous sofa.
Any idea where we could get one? Help!



I also decided this is the year I paint those awful stark white walls. We won't be moving anytime soon and I need to add some warmth and personality to my little apartment.

I still have lots of organizing to do, so...
Toodles.

16 comments:

mom2ee said...

may 2009 bring you the good vibes you deserve...glad Nati is under control(that sounds bad, i meant her DM)...the home is lovely, I don't know what it looked like before but I love what you have done to it

aimee said...

can i come live with you? my house is so dull. it has potential but i just don't know what to do with it :(
like judi, i don't know what it looked like before but i love what you've done.

Bonita Rose said...

I love all your bookcases and all those books.. I wish we had a real home for all my books too! hugs bonnierose

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't wait to go and whip Juan's a... playing guitar hero on that big TV... My new bedroom looks great!

Gili

***Paola*** said...

Great looking place Anilu! I hope 2009 brings you nothing but good things! XO

Anonymous said...

Anilu mi nina querida: me encanta tu nuevo "family room",en verdad la vida actual no nos deja tiempo para recibir y uno tiene el espacio de la sala olvidado y siempre vacio,me parece de lo mas practico ese cambio,me gusta el color obscuro del librero,tu siempre arreglas todo bonito y practico,en mi sala todavia estan mis adornos en la vitrina como tu los dejaste.
Besos.Ana Maria.

Denise said...

2009 will definitely be a banner year for all of us! I love the changes you made in your home. You have given tme the urge to go re-do my house. Oh no! Last time I said that I put in a new bathroom and kitchen. LOL!

michelle.g said...

your place is gorgeous!! a very belated happy new year to you and yours, anilu!

april said...

here's to a wonderful 2009!
Love your room makeover, although I thought the before picture was the "after" picture when I first saw it, it looked so good! But, i love how you moved the hutch to the nook, it looks like a built-in...like it was made to go there

you keep a very clean house :)

Sasha Farina said...

you know what i love? your bookshelf!! :D

bwgayoso said...

Wow, Anilu! Your home looks great! So cool that you were able to put your curio into the nook in the dining room - what a great fit!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Love the new TV and the bookcases.... very nice room! I was just at the Macy's furniture gallery on US1 and SW 132 Street and we bought our new mattress there. I noticed they have lots of nice furniture and even some awesome sofas in the clearance room, which I loved!!! Good luck :-) HUGS!!!

GretaB said...

Your room and those bookshelves look great! Here's wishing you a healthy, happy, wonderful 2009.

Ady said...

don't you love an organized space. I'm on that same boat in my house and I have purged like there's no tomorrow. Here's to a new wonderful year (held my hand in a toast)Can't wait to scrap...

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. She was beautiful!!! Best wishes for 2009 I have a great feeling about this year:-)

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

May this new year hold many blessings and much joy! I LOVE your art. Beautiful.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...