Friday, May 27, 2011

It's my birthday.

I turn 39 today and I am hoping with all my heart that this is the year it all happens for me. I used to love, love my birthday. It was the best day of the year for me and I looked forward to it all year long.

For the past 13 years I've kinda wished that I could just skip it all together and not think about it anymore. It's always a disappointment. Always some kind of hurt. Always makes me feel lonely. I just don't like it anymore.

I want that to stop! I want to know that this day will again mean happiness and celebration for me.

I am so ready to get on with my life, to be free, to be the best mom, the best daughter, aunt and sister I can possibly be.

To have the life I deserve and have dreamed of.

Here's hoping...


I got this verrrry cool letterpress effect in Photoshop with an amazing tutorial I found on Pinterest and I'll share it with y'all on Monday. I also found the tutorial to make the circular text. Finally! I was complicating it so much and it's actually so easy. Sheesh!

Right now...

Listening: to the TV on the background. Old Christine is on.

Eating: still nothing. Where is my birthday breakfast in bed? Ha.

Drinking: not a thing, but I could so use an espresso.

Craving: a nice big ole IHOP breakfast.

Wearing: a tank top and sheets cause it's too damn hot in here.

Feeling: sad, tired, sleepy, angry... Yay.

Weather: it's gonna be another scorcher.

Wanting: to like my birthdays again.

Needing: a present would have been nice.

Waiting: for this little hell to be over already. How cheery am I?

Wondering: when, when, when?

Loving: nothing at the moment really.


I'm off to enjoy my mama's cooking and try to have a good day with my family.

Have a good weekend, lovelies.

4 comments:

Mye said...

What up Momma!! Happy Birthday to you!!! Glad to see you're gonna make a change to like (love) your birthday's again, they are a blessing so treat them like that. Here's to a beautiful birthday!! ((hugs))

Lou said...

happy birthday!

Barb said...

Happiest of birthdays to you, Anilu!

Sasha Farina said...

Happy belated birthday my beautiful friend. Sorry I'm late to the party. This is gonna be a good year. Okay? Okay. I love you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...