Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This is what I call happy mail.

I went to breakfast with my dear, dear friend Vanessa today.

She arrived carrying a big bunch of envelopes tied up with a beautiful hot pink bow, and they were all for me!



I really had to control my self to keep from making a scene in the middle of the Original Pancake House...

They were all from my cyber pals. Vanessa got in touch with them and they all sent me the most beautiful cards and gifts from when Natalia was in the hospital a couple of months ago.

I cannot begin to tell you how incredibly good that made me feel. Knowing I can call such an amazing group of women my friends, is just too much.

I read and LOVED every one of the cards. All full of prayers and good thoughts for Natalia and for me, during what was one of the hardest times in my life.

I hadn't been able to see Vane until now, so it was a great surprise to get them.

Nati and I played with the super cool gifts Laura sent her (Thank you!!!!) and we had a blast.
She also watched the DVD Vane got her, and hasn't let go of her Care Bear all afternoon :)



She got glitter glue, stickers, happy faces, playing cards... A whole bunch of gifts!!

Even I got some goodies from my sweet Joanne.

Se loved me reading all the cards to her, and she got so excited to be getting some mail too.

These past two years have been really tough for me in many ways. I would not have been able to go through it all if I didn't have the amazing support of all my friends.

You all mean the world to me and I LOVE YOU.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anilu:que gran sorpresa recibieron tu y mi Natalia,que Dios bendiga a todas las personas que con sus oraciones y buenos deseos para ti y para la salud de mi Natalia,ayudaron tanto al acompanarte en esos durisimos momentos en la vida de todos nosotros.Para mi todas ellas son el medio por el cual Dios te manifiesta su amor.
Pido a Dios porque a todas las llene de bendiciones.
Siempre pensando en ti y en Natalia.
Tu mama. Ana Maria.

Greta Adams said...

crap...i didn't know anything about this...

u will be getting mail love from me soon and so will she!!

isn't it great all the wonderful people you have "met" while blogging" i have been fortunate enough to meet alot of my buddies IRL...hopefully one day we can meet as well..

{{{{big hugs}}}}

Anonymous said...

God bless all of you sweet people that have given so much support and friendship to my sister. Being in a different country, it has been a real blessing knowing she has such a wonderful group of people giving her hope... Thank you all...

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Wow, what an amazing, sweet surprise that must have been!!! Enjoy!!!

We love you! :-)

Ady said...

How exciting for both of you. These are the moments when people come into your life and leave a mark. We are trully blessed to have each other.

Barb said...

I can't think of a family that deserved piles and piles and piles of love more than yours, Anilu.

Glad you enjoyed the surprise!

Janine Langer said...

Ah, didn't know about it either. I would have loved to add something, but I suppose this has been in that time where I haven't been online that much. Nevertheless I am so glad to hear that it warms your heart. You deserve it!

And ... I finally managed to send your layout. I am so terribly sorry that it took me so long!

Have a great day. :)

Gigi said...

oh anilu!! i had no idea!!
so happy that you felt the hugs & love of your friends :)

& i'm adding some hugs & love from me too :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...