Thursday, July 30, 2009

Having a love affair with Photoshop lately...

You know that super duper cool Fiskars Upper Crest border punch? Well, I absolutely love it and I would use it on every single page if I had it with me right now.



Since I am far away from my scrap goodies, I am filling the void left by paper with pixels. Lots and lots of pixels!!

So, I was thinking that someone out there had to have a digi element that looked like that punch, but alas, no one does.

Guess what I did? I created my own!!  Design degrees are available online  if you're interested in creating your own unique style.


I used the curvy brace ( { ) form Cantabile font, turned it and made it into a row of symbols by copying the layer many times.

Then I created a new rectangular layer on top of it, filled the blank spaces with the clone tool, and voila! My fave border.

I made them in 12' and 8.5", and I can color it or use it as a clipping mask.

Here is a little super quick page to show the border in action...



I gotta say, I feel very proud of my self.

11 comments:

Ki said...

Holy crap you're clever! WTG!!!

GretaB said...

Genius! Way to be resourceful! :)

~EssenseVibez~ said...

wow---love it--now i need to try it!--welcome back--missed ya much--

Denise said...

Anilu, this is awesome! Totally looks like the punch and so much easier to use. I love your creativity!

Mye said...

Dang, girl....you got skillz!!! Don't feel bad, I've been missing from blogland too!

Rachel Carlson said...

brilliant! it's awesome, now i have to learn how to do it someday. good to see you back. hugs, rachel

susy said...

Wow, you are so clever.

waleska said...

holy crap this is amazing, A!!

island jen said...

wow! wow! wow! love it!

Elisa said...

Thanks, that's a great idea!

Unknown said...

Excellent work you explained everything very quickly and in the direct direction thanks for this Techfileoria

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...