Sunday, January 17, 2010

Heartbroken

This gorgeous big house in one of the most beautiful parts of Port-au-Prince is where my Dad and all my aunts and uncles grew up.



My grandfather spent the better part of his life paying for it and it was a source of pride for our family. It saw lots of good, some bad, lots of family reunions... Lots of life.

After Jan 12th this is what's left of a house I called home for a few months during 1985, when we moved to Haiti...








I still can't process the loss. My brain still refuses to accept the sight. I keep looking at it with a strange sense of detachment so I can somehow cope with it.

Keep Haiti and it's people in your prayers.

If you can, donate to one of the many organizations raising funds like:

RED CROSS

DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS

UN FUND

CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES


Thank you.

13 comments:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

anilu--hold on to God's unchanging hand--keep those memories in that beautiful home alive--talk about it--do a layout and remember the love that was shared in that home--my heart goes out to you and your family and the rest of the people who are suffering in the aftermath--prayers are still going up and my heart for everyone who has been affected!---remain blessed my sister--

Emily Pitts said...

my prayers are with all who have lost.

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Wow, I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family, as well as all the people who have been affected by this tragedy! Lots of love!

Laura said...

Wow - Anilu - I am so sorry. Do you know if your family is OK?

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet girl i am so very sorry for your loss!

Sasha Farina said...

my heart is breaking for you and your family Anilu. *hugs* prayers coming your way.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your family house! It was gorgeous. I can't take my eyes off of the news about Haiti and hope they get all of the help they can get. We donated $, but wish I could do more!
~Tamara Nicole~

P.S. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Glad I'm back finally and in contact with all of my old peeps like you ;-)

aimee said...

oh anilu! thoughts and prayers daily are being sent. wish i could do more

Julie said...

I hope no one was hurt.

Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

Nura Keif said...

I'm sorry that happened....hugs...

Karla Dudley said...

unbelievable. Your in my prayers sweetheart. :(

Ki Kruk said...

Oh my goodness, the devastation is just so vast...I am so sorry for your family's loss. Love you.

GretaB said...

What a beautiful house it was. So many have lost so much and it's a reminder to me to be so very thankful for all I have. Hugs to you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...